Are smoothies soooo yesterday? NO WAY! Smoothies are still a great way to fill your belly in the morning!
A good smoothie needs the following:
- Sweetener – a small piece of fruit, berries, honey, maple, green stevia (for super low carb)
- Fibre – fruit as above, zucchini (yes!), spinach, cucumber, other leafy greens
- Healthy fat – nuts, seeds, eggs, avo’s, or a cold pressed oil (coconut, macadamia, inca inchi, MCT etc)
- Liquid – milk of choice or water (coconut water is fab), kefir, coconut yoghurt
- Protein – egg, collagen powder, nuts, maca powder
- Super Booster – green powder, acai powder, probiotic powder, cinnamon, cacao etc
The fats and protein keep your blood sugars stable and you feel fuller for longer. The fruit and vegetables adds fibre and nutrients. Super boosters for that added BAM of nutrients and good bacteria.
*Be wary of some protein powders as they can be made from GMO soy which is heavily sprayed with glyphosate products like Roundup. Always look at the ingredients to look out for dodgy additives, vegetable oils and stuff that just ain’t food!
Remember to swish before you swallow to get the enzymes from your saliva swimming and to tell your tummy there’s food on the way! Throwing back a smoothie is NOT ideal for your digestion.
CHECK OUT MY “SO GOOD IT FEELS NAUGHTY” SMOOTHIE RECIPE or make up your own using my formula. You will work out what combo’s you like, or do a search online and see what takes your fancy, then use the formula to see if it has everything you need.
Even hotter tip: reduce the liquid to next to nothing, use frozen fruit or extra ice and you’ve got a smoothie bowl! Top with granola, coconut and extra fresh fruit. I know, you’re welcome!
Let me know some of your favourite smoothie combo’s!