We all like a slow cooker meal so here’s one that’s super simple with no packet flavourings. Don’t do that! So much flavour in real food…..Is red wine real food? Yes if it’s a quality wine using biodynamic or organic principles….surely!
If you don’t fancy the wine…I swear it’s the best….then use water, the flavour will be just as good especially if you have whopping bunches of fresh herbs in there. Grow your own, coz they’re so expensive, always wilted and your own is perfectly perfect!
Check out my slap up video from instagram at the bottom! Always happy to entertain!
SERVE WITH CAULI MASH AND STEAMED VEG!
- 6h 30m
- 1 large shoulder of lamb or 6 lamb shanks
- 800 grams diced tomatoes (tinned or fresh)
- 500 milliliters Organic red wine (if you wouldn\'t drink it then don\'t cook with it quality)
- 4 bay leaves
- teaspoon 1/4 tspn peppercorns
- 6 garlic whole cloves, peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon unrefined quality salt
- big bunch of rosemary, oregano or thyme (whatever you have)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Put all the ingredients, except the lamb, in an oven proof heavy pot with a lid. (or use your slow cooker, but I like the flavour better in the oven)
- Mix it round
- Add the lamb and squish it down so it's mostly covered.
- Spoon some sauce over the top of the lamb
- Bang it in the oven at 180C for 30 minutes (optional)
- Turn it down to 140C for 6 hours or until tender and falling off the bone.
- Take it out of the oven and allow to sit for a bit before spooning off the fat that has settled.
- Using tongs, pull the meat off the bone and stir through.
- If you have time, simmer the lamb on the stove to thicken the sauce
- Serve with Cauliflower Puree and steamed veg