These saucy baked eggs can be eaten any time of day! Who doesn’t love that? Cheap, easy and flippin’ tasty!
You can add any little extras you fancy like cherry tomatoes, chorizo, garlic, onion, mushrooms…..anything you love to have with your eggs.
If you find meal planning a brain-ache then this is a beauty when you’re short on time and looking for a budget and family friendly feed.
You MUST season this well to make it taste bang on. I always use quality salt like the Changing Habits Seaweed Salt as it is packed with 80+ minerals from Himalayan salt alongside dulse powder for iodine. We need all the minerals we can get our hands on for our body to do its thang on the inside. Make the switch people!
Check out my blog on planning a meal when you haven’t meal planned!
- 4 serves
- 400 grams tinned or fresh tomatoes
- 680 grams jar tomato passata
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 8 free range eggs
- spicy sausage, onion, capsicum, zucchini, eggplant, chilli flakes
- Gently fry off the chopped garlic in a teaspoon of olive oil until fragrant
- Fry any additional extra ingredients until tender
- Add remaining ingredients, except eggs
- Stir and simmer for 10 minutes while you get our salad ready
- Make pockets in the sauce and crack an egg in each.
- Pop the lid on and keep covered on a moderate heat for 5-7 minutes until egg is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with a leafy salad and crispy baked potatoes