Quinoa and roast veg is my go-to salad to feed a crowd or if I need to take a plate and I’m not sure what else will be on offer. One bowl of this will hit the spot no worries. It keeps great for lunches so I always make a big batch. I keep the dressing separate until ready to serve but it’s easy to add more if it all soaks in and you’re having it as left overs. Don’t be scared by the amount of dressing you’re adding as the quinoa (which tastes a bit meh…) will soak it all up and taste scrummy.
Roast your veg like in my recipe HERE
You can choose which ingredients you love best and defs don’t have to use all the ingredients I’ve got here….I do get a little excited!
This recipe, paired with the lamb in the video below, gets me through the Festive season and the cranberries help with that for sure. Check out my blog on my other Festive Feasting Tips.
- 4-6 serves
- ½ cup organic quinoa, rinsed well and drained
- 1 cup broth or water
- ¼ tspn himalayan salt
- 3 -4 cups of roasted vegetables
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2-3 handfuls of rocket or baby spinach
- 1 handful of fresh herbs or 2-3 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs
- handful of pepitas or walnuts
- handful of cranberries
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (optional)
- Place the quinoa, broth and salt in a pot on a medium high heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Leave the lid on.
- Allow to simmer until all the liquid is absorbed. About 10 minutes, but maybe more.
- Allow to sit with the lid on for 5 or so minutes to make sure it\'s completely puffed up.
- Fluff with a fork to loosen up.
- If it\'s a bit mooshy, spread it out on a plate or tray to dry out a little. The dressing will moisten it back up later.
- Gently combine the quinoa and veg together.
- Once the veg etc have cooled, toss through the rocket and pour over the dressing.
- Sprinkle with the pepitas and the cranberries and serve as is or with roasted or grilled meats or fish.