This recipe really packs a punch especially if you’re not a breakfast person or need something quickly. Ideally we sip and enjoy this but, I also know we can’t all do this every day! I also love it in the afternoons (without the coffee) if I’m a little peckish and flat.
Bang it in a thermos and off you go!
The deal is this:
- A hit of organic coffee for alertness, concentration and nutrient content.
- Cacao Melts are 100% pure cacao beans and have nutrients such as magnesium, iron and zinc. Also provide an energy kick.
- Gelatin is a source of protein, which is required for tissue repair and maintaining normal bones and muscle. Makes it slightly thick and creamy. Your gut loves it too.
- Ghee or grass fed butter provide long lasting energy source and feeling of fullness. It also regulates blood sugar levels and helps to control carbohydrate cravings.
- Twenty8 Essential Oils are organic, and Australian owned. Essential oils are the lifeblood of the plant so are very potent. Use only when combined with fats in cooking.
- 200 mls of hot (60-70 degrees) water or milk of choice
- 3 Changing Habits Cacao Melts or 2 tspn cacao powder
- a shot of organic espresso
- 1 tablespoon Changing Habits Gelatin or Collagen
- 1 tablespoon Ghee or grass fed butter
- 2 drops orange or peppermint essential oil - Twenty8 Organics
- sweetener to taste (I use a pinch of green stevia powder)
- 1 tablespoon MCT* oil or coconut oil (optional)
- *start with 1 teaspoon and gradually increase to 1-2 tablespoons to avoid gut upsets.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz until fluffy and smooth.
- Thermomix: place all ingredients (cold liquid) in for 3-4 min, 60-70 degrees at speed 4.
- Travel version: place all ingredients in a thermos and shake vigorously for 2 minutes until gelatin dissolves. Release the pressure and enjoy!
- This should keep you going until the next meal and give you an energy boost and clarity of mind.