This chicken breast stuffed with feta and other goodies has become a family fave since I’ve started playing with the stuffing ingredients. You can literally add anything to the mix you like. Try adding mushrooms, zucchini, sundried tomatoes, capsicum, jalapenos, fresh herbs. I’ve even thrown some bacon in the mix…..oh, how about chorizo? Yum!
Make it up in around 10 minutes which makes it easy to do first thing in the morning if you need to. Taking only 30-35 minutes to cook, you can easily pop it in the oven and get preparing your veg to be good to go at the same time.
I find I only need half a breast because I have stuffed the chicken with healthy fats, fibre and protein. Super filling and good bang for your buck.
Best thing is you can make as many as you like so you have some leftover to slice up for lunches or even freeze for that time you need to whip something out quickly. While the oven is on, it’s time to get cooking!
Check out my video below to see how easy it really is and make it one of your go-to mid-week meals.
- 6-8 serves
- 4 -6 free range chicken breasts
- 4 -6 rashers of bacon
- 200 grams feta cheese ( I use greek feta approx 1 slab)
- Large handful of spinach
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh herbs or chilli
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Pop all the stuffing ingredients in a food processor and blitz until creamy and smooth
- Butterfly the chicken as shown in the video
- Spoon the mixture onto one side of the breast
- Fold the other side over the stuffing
- Wrap with a piece of bacon
- Place each breast in a greased oven dish but not too tightly as this will increase the cooking time.
- Drizzled with a little olive oil to moisten the bacon
- Cook for 30-35 minutes depending on the size of the breast
- Check by cutting open the largest breast and checking for raw meat.
- Serve with steamed veg and pour over the scrummy juices from the pan