Gotta get yourself onto this beauty! Try and stop yourself!
Here’s another awesome way to have a little fermented foods with every meal to keep the gut bug population buzzing along. Fermenting also makes things like cashews, easier to digest….BOOM…bonus right there.
This is great to have on buckwheat crackers, veggie sticks or as a side to grilled meat or veg.
You can add any flavour you like. Cumin seeds or powder, steamed pumpkin (in with the cashews to ferment), chilli and ginger. Have a play and let me know what you come up with.
- 2 cups organic, raw cashews
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt
- ½ cup kefir
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil
- lemon juice (2 lemons) or 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Extra filtered water
- freshly ground pepper
- Mix the yoghurt and kefir together in a one litre jar.
- Add the cashews and ferment for 24 hours. They will expand so ensure they are covered in the liquid and the jar is big enough for some growth.
- Place the cashews mixture and the remaining ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend until smooth, scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add extra filtered water if needed to make a smooth paste
- Serve with crackers or veggie sticks or as a condiment with grilled or roasted meats and vegetables.