This Crispy Pork Rib recipe is now my favourite way to cook ribs! So succulent and scrummy!
Our food brains love crunchy stuff. So much satisfaction involved. This pork alone would go great with my Broccoli and chilli salad as well! Check out the video below!
- 4-6 serves
- 8 Free Range Pork Spare Ribs or a piece of pork belly!
- Water to cover
- 1 tspn Chinese Five Spice
- 1/2 tspn chilli flakes
- 2 tbspn fish sauce
- 2 tbspn white wine vinegar
Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tbspn Fish Sauce
- 1 tbspn GF Tamari
- 1/2 tspn Sesame Oil
- 1 tspn Rapadura Sugar or Honey
- 1 cup of Simmer Stock
- Place the ribs and simmer stock in a large, heavy based pot
- Bring to the boil then simmer on a moderately low heat for one hour or until tender
- Prepare your selection of stir fry vegetables and the Stir Fry sauce in a bowl and set both aside.
- Drain, cool and remove any bones or grissly bits
- Keep the stock for adding later
- Slice into 2cm chunks
- Fry off in pan, on the BBQ or large plate
- Beware of feisty skin popping and spitting at you!
- Stir fry the veg in a large pot or wok
- Add the crispy pork and Stir Fry Sauce to the pot
- Add about 1 cup of Simmer Stock to your liking
- Stir to combine
- Serve with rice or Cauli rice