Gelatin forms the structure of our skin, hair and nails. You know, all the things we ladies spend so much cash to keep it all looking pretty? Well, gelatin is the secret ingredient you can get in your belly every day to keep it all ticking along nicely as the years go by.
Read my blog on ageing effortlessly and the benefits of gelatin HERE. There’s a video below the recipe on how to make these little rippers.
Get some of these gummies in the fridge or freezer ready to munch on. You could make this a pannacotta style dessert by adding more liquid or less gelatin. Play with it until you have a consistency you like.
I use Changing Habits gelatin because it’s organic and grass fed. Don’t use gelatin from the baking aisle, get it from a health shop or online from a reputable site. Toxins are stored in bones so you don’t want anything lesser quality or it will contain all the chemicals the animal was exposed to as it leaches out into the liquid before it’s dehydrated.
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons organic, grass fed gelatin
- 2 cups of coconut cream (I use Ayam)
- Bloom the gelatin in a bowl with 125ml of water. (or straight in the Thermomix)
- Blend the remaining ingredients until smooth
- Combine all ingredients in a pot on a low heat, stirring constantly until dissolved. (Thermie: 7min, speed 2, 65 degrees)
- The mixture will coat the back of a spoon like a custard when it\'s ready
- Pour into moulds or a lined slice tray
- Refrigerate or freeze until set
- Pop out of moulds or slice up into squares and keep in the fridge.