The easiest way to jazz up your meals is with a sauce! We love Asian food so this is a regular in our house. You can add it to anything really, steamed or stir fry veg, fried cauliflower rice, oven baked chicken pieces, beef strips. You name it!
Keep it thick and use it as a dipping sauce for wings or meatballs or thin it out (you’ll need to adjust the seasoning) and use it as the sauce in a stirfry. It is so good that you can use it as a flavour booster for any dish. It keeps well in the fridge for a week or make a big batch and freeze some for Ron.
As always, read the ingredients label of the food you choose. Tamari is best bought as organic and wheat free from your health shop. If you’re lucky, your health shop may have a peanut butter grinder in store otherwise look for the brand that has only peanuts as the ingredients. You want to avoid any extra (crappy) salt, flavour enhancers or vegetable oils. Same goes with your spice paste…..or make your own!
Check out my Youtube below to see how easy it is to have something scrummy to blob on your dinner without using pre-prepared sauces (except my curry paste of course!).
- 1-2 cups
- ½ cup peanut butter (I use freshly ground peanut butter)
- ½ cup coconut cream (I use Ayam)
- ¼ cup homemade chicken broth or water
- 1 -2 teaspoons of curry paste or powder
- 1 tablespoon Organic Tamari
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot over a medium heat on the stove until warmed through
- Taste and alter to your liking - more spice, chilli or seasoning
- Enjoy over steamed vegetables, oven baked chicken or your favourite stir fry.