A sexy dessert that ticks all the boxes without breaking any rules.
I’m not a big sweet tooth but do like a little something especially after a spicy or rich meal. These little guys are the perfect size and sweetness to hit the spot while also being packed with good stuff.
You can try switching the liquid sweetener for green stevia powder or monkfruit but I haven’t tried it. I’m guessing you’d need to add some liquid to it and the granular monkfruit would definitely need dissolving first.
Let me know in the comments if you give that a go.
If using essential oils always choose a quality, organic brand like my fave Twenty8 Essentials. Kim Morrison is their founder and a qualified aromatherapist (among other things) and she promotes the use of essential oils in small amounts only if a fat is present to help dilute the oil.
- 4-6 serves
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 1/4 cup Organic cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of Maple syrup
- 3 drops organic peppermint essential oil (I use Twenty8 Essentials)
- Pinch salt
- Melt oil and sweetener in a pot on a medium low heat
- Pop everything in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into little shot glasses and refrigerate until ready to serve
- Garnish with a little mint leaf or single raspberry to make it pretty.
- Could also be used as a ganache.....stop me!
- Supercharge it with some collagen powder or a shot of espresso!