Chia seeds are packed with fibre and Omega 3 fatty acids. We all need a little more fibre to keep those poops on the move.
A chia pudding is the perfect breakfast and can easily be made in advance then all you have to do is add your fresh fruit and a sprinkle of nuts or seeds and you’re good to go. I love it warmed like porridge in the winter.
These little poods are perfect made up into little jars on a Sunday arvo so you’re set for the week. I am a strong believer in moderation and variety. Boring I know. Same goes with chia puddings. Don’t have them every morning if possible.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons of coconut cream or coconut yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup, or stevia powder to taste if sugar free
- Pinch salt
- Stir to combine in a jar, seal the lid then shake vigorously. Or blitz in a food processor for a smoother result.
- Refrigerate Minimum 30 minutes but ideally 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with granola, nuts, fresh fruit and yoghurt and enjoy!
- To make a big batch the amount of liquid may need to be reduced or simply make up single serves in jars so they're ready to top with nuts and fruit in the morning.