I know it sounds simple, but this base recipe can lead you to a new world of whip up meals! Cauli can take on any flavour you add to it so get creative!
If you are trying to lose weight, reduce inflammation or improve your gut health, then you may need to reduce your carbs temporarily.
Why? Well, your good bugs love fibre, and your nasty bugs like sugar for energy. Reduce their fuel and they’ll get weaker and the good guys stronger. That’s in a nutshell anyways.
You store excess carbs on your belly and your butt (well, that’s where mine goes!) in the form of fat, so reducing carbs means you start to use up those fat stores for energy….yes, it’s more complicated than that, but that’s the gist!
When your gut health improves so too does your immune system and that is good news for inflammation, always!
Check out my Youtube vid below and if you like what you see then hit “Subscribe” and gong the bell for notifications so you see when I drop something new.
- 4 serves
- half a cauliflower (approx. 500g) Chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place florets into food processor and pulse 6-8 times until evenly chopped (Thermie 5 sec, spd5) Or chop by hand!
- Melt oil in a large based pan or wok on a moderately high heat
- Add the cauliflower and stir fry for a few minutes until tender but not too soft.
- Serve as you would any other rice.