I came up with this Boosted Bircher recipe before I did the most beautiful Three Capes Track here in Tasmania. We used coconut milk powder in the mix and added water the night before. Then the next morning we heated it up and had ourselves a hearty breakie that lasted us until our pitiful and snacky lunchtime……multi-day hiking rookies we were!
This recipe is perfect for preparing ahead of time and in big batches. Heat it up for a winter version. Always add a little fruit for that extra boost of nutrition, freshness and flavour. Homemade Granola is perfect sprinkled on for that added crunch and nutty niceness.
- 8h 5m
- 1-2 serves
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1 grated apple
- 1 tbspn collagen (I use Gelpro Australia brand)
- 1 tbspn Cranberries
- 1 tbspn Goji berries
- 2 tbspn Shredded coconut
- 2 tspn Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1 tbspn collagen powder (I use Gelpro Australia brand)
- 1 tbspn Sunflower seeds
- 1 tbspn Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Pinch unrefined sea salt
- 2 cups of milk, water or a mix of both
- Add chopped almonds, macadamias or your favourite nuts to the dry mix
- For camping, add 1 tablespoon of coconut or milk powder to the dry mix and leave out the apple.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add milk or water and combine well.
- Allow to soak overnight
- Enjoy with fresh fruit
- Sprinkle with granola for added crunch and protein boost
- Warm gently in a saucepan for a warming winter version