When you decide to go gluten free, or your body is at it’s best when you are, the biggest mistakes you can make are to replace gluten products with packaged options and gluten free breads. They’re usually highly processed and filled with other dubious ingredients. Always read the ingredient label and if you don’t know what it is, don’t eat it! Celebrate what you can eat and enjoy natural ingredients in all their glory!
I love this loaf any time of day! With a blob of butter or topped with avo and feta. Usually I slice and freeze so it can be easily toasted, topped and munched down. But like most things baked, they’re best straight out of the oven!!
It doesn’t rise heaps so I use a loaf tin to push it up a bit. Otherwise, muffins are great to grab and eat on the run….which isn’t advisable as we should be taking our time to eat and be mindful and thankful for some time out of our day…..but let’s be realistic! There are times when we’re in a rush and grabbing one of these out of the freezer is a better idea than a little drive through!
- 12 muffins/ 1 loaf
- 1 cup Pepita or Almond Meal
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 3/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- Decent pinch Changing Habits Seaweed salt
- 30 milliliters Water
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
- 3 Organic or Free Range Eggs
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl or food processor to remove lumps
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl or add directly to dry ingredients in the food processor.
- Whisk together the two bowls or whizz in the food processor until well combined and smooth.
- Bake 10 min for muffins or 20-25 min in a loaf tin. It’s cooked when it’s springy.
- Keep in the fridge for a couple of days. Freezes well.
- Slice into toast slices and top with dips, smoked salmon, tomato, avocado and feta drizzled with a little Inca Inchi oil and a crack of pepper.
- Master the basic recipe then have a play.
- Place in a shallow tin for a focaccia style to fill with salad or toastie it up.
- Top with savoury toppings like seeds, olives, cheese, bacon or tomatoes
- Mix through fresh or dried herbs
To make it sweet add:
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon,
- ½ cup chopped dried fruit like dates, raisins, figs etc,
- ½ teaspoon vanilla,
- orange zest,
- 2 tablespoons rapadura sugar.