Chips are not unhealthy! Stop it with the low fat, low salt mentality and get quality food in your belly that tastes good and gives you that "fast food" feel. There's no guilt to be had here. Spring Zing, from the Secret Spice range is the most addictive, healthy seasoning to put on your oven baked chippies any day of the week!
Go to the Healthy hacks to see my TOP SECRET chippie and spud baking tips.
Ok, so seasoned chips may sound a little drab but this recipe is all about dodging the store bought/fast food version and allowing yourself a night off worrying about your carb count or veggie load. Pair these with some crispy chicken wings (go to the Smokin' recipes!) and a jazzed up homemade mayo and there's a "TGIF Feast!" (Thank god it's Friday that is😉).
Make this your Fri-Yay special. Add a few chicken wings and you've got your own finger-licken feast!
- 1 Large white potato (white flesh, not waxy yellow)
- 1 Large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon of Spring Zing
- 1 tspn each of unrefined salt, cracked pepper and sumac
- Coconut Oil to coat
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes how you like them, chippy or chunky!
- Pop them in a large bowl and pour enough olive oil over to coat them
- sprinkle the spice over then use your hands to toss and coat well.
- Evenly space on a baking tray and pop in the oven at 200C
- Turn after 10 minutes and add more cooking fat to stop sticking and create more crunchy bits! (I use lard, ghee or coconut oil
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes until crispy
©Kimberly Steele - The Rabbit Hole